Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ferdinand lost his antlers.........




This is a two and a half year old buck, "Ferdinand", on the Syring Ranch across the road. He has just shed his antlers a week or so ago. I drove up on him while out with Sam looking for "sheds". I guess it is sort of like Easter egg hunting for adults. I remember Sam about five years ago talking about looking for the sheds of four bucks he wanted to find. The only problem I remember thinking was that they could be anywhere on his approximately 700 acres. I laughed and thought he was joking......................... He found five of the eight sheds that first year and now has seven of the eight. So, now it has become and annual event. I keep asking him if he can say the word "horse". Oh, well, I guess a little exercise never hurt anyone. You just have to remember to watch out for those "buzz tails".

No comments: