Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Looking for shed antlers...

This is the best shed antler I've found to date. Looking for them is one way to get out and do some walking. It is a little challenging though. Deer never seem to drop their antlers where they are easy to find and too it gets a little spooky walking through the thick stuff knowing full well there are plenty of rattlesnakes out and about. I've been watching my trail cameras to see where each buck is the first time I see that one has dropped an antler. This one, the right side of Ace, was at a feeder about a half mile away from where I found it the first time he showed up missing his antlers. I'm thinking the best way would be to look for them horseback. This would have at least two advantages. One you would be higher and could cover more area. And two you wouldn't have to worry so much about stepping on a snake.


No comments: